Saturday 13 September 2014

Falling in Love, like never before.

Im sorry I haven't posted for 9months!!!!
As all new mummies know, your life takes on a whole new meaning and whilst all the best intentions have been made to inform you all of my journey so far, my memory as per, has been officially 'shot to bits'! 

So I last left you at my pre labour nerves... Well it's true what they say, that baby sure enough, comes when you are as much good and ready as they are!

I was four days over due, I typically assumed I'd go into labour during the night, took all the necessary precautions to make sure my beloved bed saw it through the unknown. Much to my suprise and maybe my being a tad naive, I woke up that Saturday morning and said to myself, still no baby!!!!! 

DB was still snoring in bed and I took myself downstairs for a cuppa and my porridge and tweeted my disappointment at another day passing with still no baby!
I felt very at peace that day though, I decided it was going to be a good day and I would do something productive, little did I know that I definitely would do something productive! 

By 11.06am I was siting on my labour ball and thinking, hmmmm... Not sure what that twinge means? I didn't wake DB up, I thought to myself it's probably Braxton Hicks, for all of you that have experienced "Braxton Hicks" I don't know about you, but during my pregnancy it seemed like every feeling or twinge or even pain was branded Braxton bloody Hicks!!!
DB woke up not long after though and I had already timed 3, 10 minutes apart each time and was starting to wonder if this was the real deal!
DB started running around like a headless chicken preparing everything for me. Meanwhile I ran a bath, put some nice face cream on and put my hair up nicely, not knowing what the day would bring.
At this stage you mentally prepare for the worst, you lead yourself to believe that it will be the longest day of your life. In reality, it went so quick.

I ended up going to St Peter's in Maldon, I can only speak highly of the maternity ward, the staff and my whole experience. I actually miss the whole day, it was so special I want to do it all over again!?!... I know!!!! 

By 6pm I was in the birthing pool and at 7.07pm my beautiful Baby was born, I never in my life, have felt such instant love and overwhelming feelings for this little person In my arms, in what felt like an eternity waiting for a breath, DB said "it's a girl!!!" .. The most magical moment of my life, I had a gorgeous baby girl.

I loved her. Right there and then, I loved her so much it hurt. I always will, as a parent, somehow that love just gets bigger and bigger and just when you think you can't love them anymore you do. It's amazing, she's amazing and life is amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment