Monday 23 September 2013

Feeling a bit more used to it?

It took me ages to get my head around things. But when you do, it feels great.
don't get me wrong, every now and then i stop and think, I'm having a baby, its growing and one day its got to come out? this can bring on meltdown mode! We are only human after all! but all you need is someone to say 'you can do it' and you will do it.
We had out first holiday at 14weeks, DB probably wouldn't admit to me, but I think I slightly ruined it a bit for him! Every drink he had I questioned! Looking back I feel bad, but at the time, I expected everyone to give up everything and come and join me on my side of the glass.
We had our second holiday at 25 weeks and I have to say it was a lot easier, I really relaxed and took things in my stride better, I think having the bump helped as I felt I had something to show for my change in lifestyle. That's not to say there wasn't a wobble in the middle of the holiday! 
I talk about it like I'm an alcoholic on 20 cigarettes a day, which I most certainly am not, but as soon as someone says you 'CAN'T' do it, it's something about that word 'can't' that makes you want to even more.
I suggest non alcoholic cocktails though, it's more exciting than having a coke every dinner time!
At 27 weeks now its getting more like the norm I suppose. 
We had our 20 week scan which was lovely to see our baby again, there's something so reassuring even when the midwife uses the Doppler, just to hear that beautiful heartbeat! 
Baby is still a mystery though, we are so glad we didn't find out, it makes it that bit more exciting, so we think anyway!
Each day feels like another day down and it's surprisingly going quite quickly? Despite everyone's comments, consisting of "well you still have a while yet" or "are you only 26 weeks?" I'd like to thank those for their comments, they really help you along the way, not.
Mothers themselves should also know better before commenting "your big/small for 26 weeks aren't you?!" Please leave your comments at the door, I'm finding them hard to digest.
Speaking of digestion, the heartburn is taking on a whole new level. I can't even see a pattern to it? Before pregnancy I never even knew what it was?
I'm now thinking of asking Rennie to sponsor my peppermint flavoured baby when he/she arrives!


No comments:

Post a Comment