Sunday 22 September 2013

Before the 12 week scan...

I always felt like this was a really strange time, you can feel so alone.
I was glad I hadn't been spreading the news as widely as DB, he'd pretty much told everyone he knew before I'd got to 7weeks! This was a source of controversial conversation behind our closed doors!
Telling his parents was easy, this will be their 4th grandchild (my first though!!) so DB being the eldest of his siblings I think his mum was overjoyed but also a little thankful for his growing up! 
Mine on the other hand as first time grandparents, where blissfully unaware that I was even on this train at 24. I always wondered though, how do you tell your parents your 'trying' for a baby? You may as well let them know your spending more time in the bedroom than they probably had hoped! So I chose to leave out this conversation. 
Once those bombs were dropped I felt a little less alone, but still far from comfortable with myself and how my life had already, dramatically turned upside down!
At 8 weeks I woke up one morning to my usual trip to the bathroom and was devastated, what we discovered that morning led us to our first scan at 8 weeks, thankfully after only waiting 3 days we were reassured that everything was fine and we saw our little penut flashing on the screen. Still though, not ready to tell the world.
It is a really strange time, the time you wait In between finding out that your pregnant and your 12 week scan, your life is already changing but nobody knows, your pregnant and yet you can't carry on as normal? 
Your eating and drinking habits have to change and you can say goodbye to a cheeky menthol. 
All this aside you still feel like you. Which is the hardest part to get your head around, there's something forming in there, it's just not quite sinking in yet?



No comments:

Post a Comment